Postdoctoral Researcher - 20301BR
40% Independent Research:
- Write and submit manuscripts based on existing and ongoing data collected in the laboratory.
- Conduct data collection for independent or pilot research study.
- Write internal and extramural research grants (e.g., T32, F32, K01 applications).
- Test participants to determine mental-health diagnoses and conduct intake interviews.
- Conduct protocol-based psychotherapy for research participants with eating disorders.
- Review other team members’ data collection to ensure accuracy and validity on an ongoing basis.
- Oversee and assist with the creation of a novel m-Health app to be used to support teenagers stepping down from intensive treatment from anorexia nervosa and their therapist.
- Aid with the preparation of IRB and federal and private foundation grant applications.
- Assist the laboratory director with manuscript preparation.
- Train and evaluate the student members of the laboratory to ensure adherence to the laboratory protocols.
- Review student therapy sessions and rate for study compliance with the research protocol.
- Coordinate among project coordinators, on-site researchers, and off-site research partners to schedule meetings, keep meeting notes, and manage the team to facilitate progress toward team goals for several large-scale and pilot studies.
- Co-lead or lead assessment and therapy group-based supervision for PhD students.
- Perform statistical analyses, as needed, using SPSS, SAS, Mplus, or R.
- Provide oversight on statistical analyses conducted by other members of the laboratory.
- Oversee data management and study flow through the protocols using RedCap.
- The position will be hybrid to start and will transition to fully on-site.
- PhD degree in psychology or neuroscience by the start date.
- APA or PCSAS accredited internship completed by the start date.
- Clinical experience that includes therapy and assessment work with patients who have mental illness as evidenced by application materials.
- At least one publication in the field of eating disorders or obesity as evidenced by application materials.
- Demonstrated ability to work to a deadline.
- Experience or prior training in the administration of structured clinical interviews.
- Prior training in Cognitive Behavior Therapy or other empirically supported therapies for eating disorders.
- Experience in laboratory management or administration.
- Advanced statistical understanding with demonstrated ability to apply analytical methods to large datasets.
- Proficient computer knowledge to interface with a variety of database, statistical, and imaging task and processing software, such as SPSS, SAS, R, Qualtrics, Linux, AFNI.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Review of applications begins on November 1, 2021 and will continue until a qualified applicant pool has been identified.