Postdoctoral Researcher - 21854BR
The Postdoctoral Researcher will be an affiliate with the Institute for Policy & Social Research (IPSR). The IPSR is a designated research center for the social sciences, supporting social science researchers at the University of Kansas. IPSR supports faculty-led research centers, their directors, and a network of more than 100 affiliates, and staff.
- Lead an extensive model development and testing in the domain of belief formation using several collected and to-be collected datasets. The post doc will also lead the investigation on the optimal policies of forecasting and the empirical tests of those policies.
- The Postdoctoral Researcher works directly with the PI to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the research projects. This includes overseeing research assignments, monitoring progress toward research goals, and providing technical assistance to project staff. Additional responsibilities may include assisting student hourly and graduate student staff.
- The Postdoctoral Researcher will complete other duties assigned as needed.
- PhD in psychology, economics, statistics, data science, or related field.
- Expertise in computational modeling of human decision making as evidenced by application material.
- Expertise in Python, Matlab, or R as evidenced by application material.
- Expertise in designing and implementing in-lab or online behavioral studies as evidenced by application material.
- Expertise with Bayesian data analysis.
- Expertise in Psych Toolbox, Psycho Py, or other software for the collection of behavioral data.
- Expertise in data science methods.
- Ability to scrape web data, clean, and manage large data sets..
- Knowledge of machine learning.
- Knowledge of eyetracking data collection and analysis (Tobii).
Additional Candidate Instructions
Review of applications begins on April 21st, 2022 and will continue until a qualified applicant pool has been identified.