Postdoctoral Researcher - 22549BR
This position is limited term with a typical duration of 1-5 years, depending on funding availability.
- Explore new chemical genetic strategies to understand and modulate RNA splicing. The experiments include but are not limited to creating cellular disease models, biochemical manipulation of nucleic acids, and preparation of Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) libraries.
- Write standard operating procedures (SOP) for selected equipment and experiments. Draft scientific papers for peer-reviewed journals.
- Train junior scientists in the lab.
- Maintain lab equipment.
2. Minimum of 2 years with one of the following techniques: click chemistry, molecular cloning, biochemical reactions on nucleic acids, NGS analysis, CRISPR, and lentivirus production.
3. Published at least one refereed paper in the above-mentioned field(s).
NOTE: To be appointed at the Postdoctoral Researcher title, it is necessary to have the PhD in hand. Appointments made without a diploma or certified transcript indicating an earned doctorate are conditional hires and are appointed on an acting basis not to exceed six months. Upon verification of degree the appointment will be extended to its full duration.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Application review will begin on July 11, 2022 and continue until a successful candidate is identified. To ensure first consideration, please apply by July 10, 2022.