Postdoctoral Researcher - 24600BR
Chemical & Petroleum Engr
University of Kansas Lawrence Campus
Work Location Assignment:
U-Unclassified Professional Staff
The University of Kansas Chemical and Petroleum Engineering department is seeking a well-qualified post-doctoral research associate to support a NSF funded research project focused on the development of new approaches to cost-effectively separate azeotropic refrigerant mixtures using ionic liquids. The project has a strong chemical engineering aspect and is suitable for candidates with a background and interest in thermodynamics, heat, and mass transfer, and ASPEN modeling. A successful candidate will be able to work in a hands-on, collaborative, energetic environment.
5% Laboratory protocol
- Operate a pilot-scale extractive distillation column;
- Measure thermodynamic and thermophysical properties of varying gas/ ionic liquid mixtures;
- Model experimental data using ASPEN Plus;
- Use of analytical techniques including but not limited: Gas-Chromatography (GC) and Mass Spectrometry (MS).
- Communicate scientific results effectively, both written and orally.
- Author peer-reviewed publications.
- Assist in writing grant proposals to achieve funding goals for future research.
- Assist other laboratory members with experiments
- Assist the principal investigator to provide experimental and technical supervision of one or more technicians, graduate students and/or post-doctoral researchers and/or fellows.
5% Laboratory protocol
- Develop standard operating procedures and safety protocols for laboratory
- Ensuring systems are in place for efficient planning of lab supplies, records, and document management
- This position is required to work on-site.
- PhD in chemical engineering, or related fields.
- Experience with measuring thermodynamic properties of high-pressure gases.
- Experience in operating pilot-scale equipment;
- Experience modeling large data sets using software, such as ASPEN Plus;
- Experience in managing undergraduate students;
- Excellent command of the English language, both orally and written.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Only complete application packages submitted online will be considered. A complete application includes online application form, resume, cover letter, names and contact information for three professional references.
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
Application Review Begins
Anticipated Start Date