Print Lab Monitor-Student Hourly/Work Study POOL - 12617BR
Print Lab Monitor-Student Hourly/Work Study POOL
- Distributing student print jobs
- Restocking supplies
- Assisting students
- Maintaining a professional work environment which will include some cleaning duties
- Calculates cost of print jobs based on size and type of print.
- Helps students add funds to their BeakEm Bucks to pay for print jobs.
- Manages paper, toner, and ink in the printers.
- Manages print queues for printers.
- Alerts staff to low paper/ink/toner stock conditions.
- Answers non-technical questions from students using the lab computers.
- Maintains and cleans the computer labs as needed.
- Willingness to work evenings and or weekends.
- KU Student enrolled in a minimum of 6-credit hours per semester.
- Qualify for work-study.
- Ability to reliably work at scheduled times.
- Basic knowledge of graphic design software (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.).
- Knowledge of Macintosh operating system.
- Experience with printing and scanning.
Additional Candidate Instructions
This is a POOL posting. Review of applications will be ongoing and hires will be made as needed throughout the posting period.
During the semester term of the appointment, the student hourly must be enrolled in no fewer than 6 credit hours. For summer periods the student hourly must: 1) have been enrolled in no less than 6 hours in the past spring semester or 2) be pre-enrolled in upcoming fall semester in no less than 6 hours or 3) be enrolled in summer session or 4) be admitted to study in the upcoming fall semester. Student Hourlies may be undergraduate or graduate students. (Exceptions granted for GRA/GTA/GA appointments DO NOT apply to Student Hourly appointments).