Procurement Services Intern - Student Hourly - 21976BR
Procurement Services Intern - Student Hourly
- Responsibilities will include assisting in the management of projects related to Purchasing based on department needs and individual capabilities,
- Assist purchasing staff with purchasing projects related to cost reductions or other continuous improvement efforts, support strategic and technical purchasing on individual projects, support senior procurement staff with the completion of projects, and create purchasing reports utilizing MS Office tools, OAC and Oracle.
- Performs purchase order entry when needed and purchase order monitoring in the purchasing module ERP system. Support the staff with year-end closing procedures and reporting. Ad-hoc projects.
- Assist with purchasing a variety of commodities and services for the University, with an emphasis on analysis, competitive bidding, negotiation, and excellent customer service.
- Assist purchasing staff with necessary research/data collection to support execution of spend analysis and competitive procurement processes. Data collection will involve a review and analysis of historical spend to identify sourcing opportunities that will result in operating efficiencies and cost savings.
- Performs purchase order entry and monitoring functions in the purchasing module ERP system.
- Participate in multi-functional teams charged with evaluating and selecting vendors who provide the optimal mix of quality, service, price, and terms.
- Work with a broad set of teams across the University to further develop internal processes and information systems such as eProcurement to aid in decision making and create efficiencies.
- Approve supplier registration in IonWave and verify supplier special classification in the Sams.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Currently enrolled in the KU Business School.
- Currently enrolled in at least 6 credit hours at KU.
- Prior knowledge of business office operations and office equipment (i.e., PC experience) as evidenced in application materials.
- Familiarity with Outlook and MS Office suite software (Excel, Word, & Visio, specifically) as evidenced in application materials.
- A history of following directions and completing tasks independently and on schedule as demonstrated by application materials.
- Strong attention to detail as evidenced by application materials.
Accuracy is critical for this position as well as an attention to detail.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Application review begins on April 25 but will remain open until filled.