Program Coordinator - 12945BR
- Independently coordinate the components of the Pharmaceutical Chemistry Graduate Program, which include PhD Program, Distance Masters Program, and Distance PhD Program, with direction from supervisor. Direct the administrative portion of the Departmental Distance Masters and Distance PhD Program. Manage all data for enrollment records and graduation requirements of ~25 Distance Program participants. Administers permission codes for enrollment; coordinates all correspondence and communications for applicants to program. Coordinate with on-site industrial proctors for students in program for the distribution and return of exams. Coordinate the provision of technical guidance, consultation and related support to Department students, postgraduate students, staff, and faculty, including problem solving as necessary.
- Maintain and coordinate all incoming applications for departmental Graduate Programs. Communicates with prospective applicants and departmental applicants regarding status and information on department. Manage the compilation of information regarding all applicants for future reporting purposes. Write, edit and present comprehensive statistical and narrative program reports. Track program requirements and annual updates; facilitate meetings as needed.
- Coordinate the collection, compilation and analysis of program activity data, including the degree information and criteria for each student. Responsible for arranging for semester faculty reviews with students and scheduling Foundation exams and oral prelim exams. Serve as a departmental liaison for information and questions regarding academic policies and procedures for departmental professors and students.
- Creates, produces, and delivers promotional, educational and informal presentations related to program activities and initiatives. Produces programmatic materials to support Department programs and grants.
- Manage Graduate Faculty appointment process for KU faculty and affiliates, and coordinate internal and external reviews. Initiate and manage the appointment process for affiliates to have special status to serve on thesis committees for Distance Masters Program.
20% Events Coordinator
- Manage and oversee the organization of departmental research conferences, retreats and seminars. Manage all arrangements for foreign and domestic dignitaries, KU participants, and visitors attending the multi-day seminars. Coordinate all seminar details with out-of-state visitors regarding all aspects of the seminar. Responsible for coordinating all menu and seating requirements at venue site, hotel rooming assignments, publicity materials, handling of participants’ travel arrangements, and AV needs for meeting functions.
- Manage and oversee the organization of events for departmental visitors, including industrial representatives, guest lecturers, candidates, and various dignitaries.
20% Departmental Liaison
- Develop, foster and maintain a knowledge of departmental alumni and pharmaceutical industry contacts. Coordinate information to serve as liaison with alumni and contacts for departmental events and news.
- Works closely with Endowment Association on coordination of departmental contacts with potential industrial and personal contributors to our program. Administers many KUEA accounts and funds for the department, including financial records and accountings for KUEA funds. Provide accounting reports as requested. Provides recommendations to the Chairman in regards to budgetary issues for these funds.
- Assist the Chairman of the Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry with the coordination and management of day-to-day departmental affairs. This also requires the ability to make many independent decisions. Assists Chairman with development of communication materials.
- Professionally represent the department in interactions with many foreign and domestic colleagues.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, medicinal chemistry, pharmaceutical chemistry, English, business or journalism OR 6 years administrative/managerial experience.
- 2 or more years of experience coordinating and/or executing events
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of people
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Detail-oriented and deadline motivated
- Knowledge of Pharmaceutical Chemistry Dept. faculty, graduates and alumni
- Prior experience in KU Blackboard, Enroll & Pay and ADMIT portals
- Experience coordinating off-site and out-of-state events
- Ability to execute best practices in academic records and registration
- Prior experience in an academic setting
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a team based environment
- Knowledge of KU and KUEA policies
Additional Candidate Instructions
Apply by October 7, 2018 to be considered.