Project Coordinator - 22732BR
The PMC is the home of the Heartland Certified Public Manager® Program (CPM), one of the most active CPM programs in the United States. Our other programs include the Law Enforcement Leadership Academy (LELA), offered in partnership with the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center; the Emerging Leaders Academy (ELA); and Supervisory Leadership Training (SLT). Our consulting services support government agencies and other public service entities in the Kansas City region and across Kansas; these services include strategic planning, public engagement and facilitation, customized training, and team building.
The Project Coordinator supports the delivery and execution of the PMC’s professional education & consulting efforts that includes utilizing a project-based system for new initiatives and existing program offerings. These efforts maximize enrollment, streamline operations, and support yearly key performance indicators. This position operates across the implementation, execution, and completion stages of projects. The Project Coordinator works directly with the Director, Associate Director, Educational Program Managers, and Communications Coordinator.
- Execute PMC projects to ensure projects are delivered on time, within the project budget, and with the best odds of achieving objectives.
- Document, communicate, and manage assigned PMC projects in alignment with the PMC strategic plan, Key Performance Indicators, PMC calendar of events, and direction from the Director and Associate Director.
- Maintain comprehensive project tracking to monitor and report project progress.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to understand the scope, direction, and objectives of each PMC assigned project.
- Execute, monitor, and distribute project deliverables: Outsourced printing, graphic design, document compiling, and binding activities; invoicing clients; payment processing; certificate generation; learning management system adjustments; Facility management; catering services; assessment activities; etc.
- Disseminate information proactively to internal and/or external stakeholders to drive on-time project completion and overall project satisfaction.
- Adapt & Utilize PMC technology - HubSpot, Enrole, Touchnet, MS Office, etc.
- Think adaptively and within a solution-orientated mindset to solve issues in collaboration with PMC staff.
- Provides on-site support for PMC in-person and online events as identified through PMC strategic priorities.
- On site assistance may include but is not limited to, tech support, check in support, notetaking.
- On site assistance may fall outside of normal business hours (M-F 8 to 5).
- Assists Communications Coordinator as needed in the execution of PMC events such as graduation ceremonies, conferences, lecture series, etc.
- Develop, document, implement, manage, and suggest improvements to standardized processes used by the PMC.
- Create and leverage strategies that help the PMC and its stakeholders plan and execute activities proactively.
- When relevant and possible, take ownership of project management tools to deliver value
- Assist appropriate personnel in technology systems training.
- Bachelor's degree (by the time of appointment) in Business, Project Management, Public Service, or related field.
- Three years of related experience in project management, project coordination, project execution, project implementation, or comparable executable activities as outlined in application materials.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in a team setting as evidenced by application materials.
- Strong written communication skills, as evidenced by application materials.
- Experience and work samples of professional use of CRM software systems such as HubSpot, Salesforce, or Slate.
- Experience and work samples of professional use of project management technology such as Teamwork, ASANA, or Monday.
- Experience and work samples of professional use of LMS systems such as Blackboard or Canvas.
- Experience with Public Management Center programs, as evidenced by application materials.
- Experience working with or teaching in professional development programs or adult continuing education programs.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated attention to detail, as evidenced by application materials.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Application review begins on July 28, 2022, and will continue until a qualified pool of applicants is obtained.
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to be considered for this position. It is strongly encouraged that those materials directly address this position's required and preferred qualifications. Applicants who do not submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references will not be considered. Incomplete applications will not be considered.