Proteomic Operations - 10973BR
25% Utilization of software for quantitation, searching and general data analysis.
20% Implementing and optimizing sample preparation strategies for proteomic analysis.
15% Conducting experiments and documentation, including manuscript writing, report writing, and advising clients on experimental design.
5% Training clients on data analysis lab software and instrumentation on a as needed basis.
10% In addition to scientific duties responsibilities this position includes management of technical staff, instrument maintenance and scheduling, performance quality control, data storage and retrieval, billing for services rendered, supply ordering, interfacing with instrument suppliers, engineers and university support personnel.
- Master’s degree and 3 years of additional experience in the field/area of research or Doctorate in the physical sciences
- Experience in analytical techniques for biochemistry or chemistry.
- Experience in Mass Spectrometry especially of peptides and proteins
- Experience with proteomics software tools especially search engines
- Experience in sample preparation for protein analysis by mass spectrometry
Additional Candidate Instructions
Review of applications begins February 22, 2018 and continues until a qualified pool of applicants has been identified. To ensure consideration, apply before the application review date. This position will remain open until filled.
A complete application includes: an online application, cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references. The cover letter and resume should clearly indicate how you meet the required and preferred qualifications.