Psychometrician - 10921BR
20% - Prepare technical reports and related documents.
15% - Propose detailed research designs and ideas for operational procedures. Conduct research under the supervision of a senior level psychometrician.
15% - Other duties to support the research and psychometric activities for the project.
10% - Present to various audiences, including consortium state education agency partners, Technical Advisory Committees, and professional conferences.
- Doctoral degree in educational measurement, psychometrics, or other closely related field
- Experience with quantitative analysis in more than one statistical application (e.g., SPSS, SAS, R), including experience writing scripts for analysis as evidenced in application materials and interview
- Basic knowledge of models that utilize skill networks (graphical models such as Bayes Nets, or psychometric models such as Cognitive Diagnostic Models) as evidenced in application materials
- Effective oral and written communication skills for technical audiences, as evidenced in written application materials and interview
- Experience managing multiple priorities and deadlines, including adapting in response to changes in work priorities and processes, as evidenced in application materials
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills, as evidenced in application materials and interview
- One or more years of project experience with models that utilize skill networks (graphical models such as Bayesian Networks or psychometric models such as Cognitive Diagnostic Models)
- Experience writing technical reports including results of quantitative analyses
- Experience with an operational assessment program (e.g., state large-scale or district-level assessments)
- Extensive experience writing scripts in R as evidenced in application materials and interview (e.g., building packages, vignettes, etc.)
- Experience communicating quantitative information to non-technical audiences
- Strong problem solving skills as evidenced by application materials and interview
Additional Candidate Instructions
Application review begins February 19, 2018, and continues until the position is filled.