Psychometrician - 11530BR
20% - Prepare technical reports and related documents
15% - Propose detailed research designs and ideas for operational procedures. Conduct research under the supervision of a senior-level psychometrician.
15% - Other duties to support the research and psychometric activities for the project
10% - Present to various audiences, including consortium state education agency partners, Technical Advisory Committees, and professional conferences.
- Doctoral degree in educational measurement, psychometrics, or other closely related field
- Experience with quantitative analysis in more than one statistical application (e.g., SPSS, SAS, R), including experience writing scripts for analysis
- At least one year of full-time experience working on a large-scale operational assessment program (e.g., state large-scale or district-level assessments)
- Effective oral and written communication skills for technical audiences, as evidenced in written application materials and interview
- Experience managing multiple priorities and deadlines, including adapting in response to changes in work priorities and processes, as evidenced in application
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills, as evidenced by application materials
- Experience writing technical reports including results of quantitative analyses
- Extensive experience writing scripts in R as evidenced in application materials and interview (e.g., building packages, vignettes, etc.)
- Experience communicating quantitative information to non-technical audiences
- Strong problem solving skills as evidenced by application materials and interview
- Two to three years of full-time experience working on a large-scale operational assessment program.
Additional Candidate Instructions
This position is contingent upon funding.
Application review begins April 15, 2018.