Public Education Assistant Student Hourly/Work Study - 12796BR
Public Education Assistant Student Hourly/Work Study
- Assist with museum education programs including scheduling groups, preparing classroom for programs (e.g. set up and clean up of materials).
- Assisting the instructor during programs.
- Ordering and maintaining supplies.
- General administrative duties (e.g. deposits, phone calls).
- Other duties as assigned, including some lifting and shopping.
- Must be a KU student enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours during the academic year.
- Outgoing, reliable, proactive and able to work independently as evidenced by application materials, interview and references.
- Strong communication and organizational skills as evidenced by application materials and interview.
- Research, reading and writing skills as evidenced by application materials or coursework.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be available to work full-time (8am to 5pm, Monday – Friday) for 5 weeks beginning week after finals in May (mid to late-May to late-June).
- Office/administrative experience.
- Background in one or more of the sciences.
- Experience working in an informal science education setting.
- Experience working with children.
- At least two years left at KU.
- Availability between 9am and 1pm, Tuesday – Friday while school is in session.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- a cover letter addressing your interest in the position and qualifications;
- a resume that includes your class schedule; and
- contact information for three professional references.
Apply online, Only complete applications will be considered.
Applicants will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until a suitable candidate has been identified.