Research Analyst - 10977BR
40% - University Decision Support
- Assists in the preparation of quantitative and qualitative studies across a spectrum of areas (e.g., enrollment, financial reporting, salary studies, etc.) including design, data validation, and performing tests of reasonableness.
- Utilizes multiple technology applications including data visualization tools to collect and/or analyze data and to prepare/present results.
- Assists with the development of web-based analytical applications and other projects as needed.
- Prepares data submissions for the federal government, the Kansas Board of Regents, external surveys, and others.
- Assists with the design and analysis of survey research.
- Assists with the preparation of analyses of comparative metrics for KU and other AAU and Big 12 universities.
- Provides staff support for departmental staff, departmental leadership, and university committees.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Established computing and statistical skills using standard workplace productivity software for word processing, spreadsheet analyses, databases, statistical analyses, graphics, etc.
- Work experience that required effectively managing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Previous experience working independently and collaboratively in a variety of situations.
- Previous work experience that required attention to detail.
- Strong written communication skills as evidenced by application materials.
- Minimum of one year’s professional experience in a higher education setting.
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau.
- Experience programming and conducting analyses using SAS software and/or SQL.
- Familiarity with administrative structure, policies, and procedures at the University of Kansas.
- Strong verbal communication skills as demonstrated during the interview process.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- A cover letter addressing how required and preferred qualifications are met.
- Resume or curriculum vitae.
- Contact information for three professional references.
- Completion of the KU Office of Inst. Research & Planning Application form at the following address: https://kuoirp.wufoo.com/forms/wpheu320q308h5/