Research Associate - 13153BR
25% - Prepare study results for dissemination to technical and non-technical audiences. Summarize methods and findings in briefs, technical reports, manuscripts, and conference presentations.
10%- Contribute to proposals for external funding consistent with the ATLAS mission. Collaborate with center staff to identify relevant literature, select measures, and contribute to writing assignments.
15% - Collaborate with other teams to apply professional expertise to ATLAS projects in areas of large-scale assessment, statistics, and underrepresented student populations. Contribute to cross-team research needs, project implementation, and test development projects.
10% - Assist with ATLAS data management and data-related policy implementation. Evaluate data use and retention in context of center and state partner guidelines.
- Doctoral degree in educational psychology, educational measurement, special education, or other closely related field OR master's degree in one of the fields listed and an additional 3 years of experience in educational assessment and/or conducting educational research
- Experience with quantitative analysis in at least one statistical application (e.g., SPSS, SAS, R)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences, as evidenced in written application materials and interview
- Experience managing multiple priorities and deadlines, including adapting in response to changes in work priorities and processes, as evidenced in application materials
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills, as evidenced by application materials
- Experience writing technical reports including results of quantitative analyses
- At least one year of full-time experience working on a large-scale operational assessment program (e.g., state large-scale or district-level assessments)
- Strong problem solving skills as evidenced by application materials and interview
- Familiarity with or experience using qualitative or mixed methods
Additional Candidate Instructions
Application review begins November 19, 2018. To ensure first consideration, apply before the application review date.