Research Developer - 22337BR
- Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of intangible variance factors.
- Use working knowledge of related disciplines to provide solutions to a range of problems, and ensure solutions and/or changes are implemented.
- Provide technical leadership/mentoring to team members as they work to complete their assignments
- Provide technical leadership to a team of junior developers.
- Guide the team in analyzing, designing, maintaining and testing Java/J2EE based applications.
- Evaluate business requirements received from client and develop technical requirements for team to implement.
- Work directly with team to develop a solid software design which is reviewed with the client.
- Review the technical specifications documenting the required change/enhancement created by the team.
- Provide feedback as needed to ensure developers have a solid baseline to develop their code and required unit tests.
- Evaluate ongoing changes within the industry to identify opportunities to enhance/improve the application.
- Evaluate new releases of all technology components used in the Kite technology stack.
- Recommend technology upgrades for the summer release, the value and risk associated with each upgrade, and the recommended upgrade approach with detailed development plan.
- Participate in development of grant proposals and/or responses to Requests for Proposals.
- May participate in demonstrations as required in the solicitation.
- High school/GED and 5 years related experience or Associate’s Degree with 4 years related experience, or Bachelor’s Degree with 2 years of related experience OR Master’s Degree with 1 year of related experience in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or other related field.
- 4 years experience developing and maintaining high-performance / high volume web applications using PHP, Java, JDBC or J2EE technologies such as Servlets, JSP.
- 3 years experience with java web application server.
- 3 years experience with open source MVC frameworks such as Struts, Spring, JSF, or ICE Faces.
- 3 years experience in writing SQLs, Functions, Procedures and DDL scripts for Relational database systems such as PostgreSQL, or MySQL, or Oracle or other database systems.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- Cover Letter
- Names and contact information of three professional references
Application review begins 06/13/2022. Please apply before the application review date for first consideration