SILC Peer Outreach Team Member -Student Hourly POOL - 22999BR
SILC Peer Outreach Team Member -Student Hourly POOL
- The SILC Peer Outreach Team member position will be responsible for the following:
- Conducting Student Organization support meetings, offering assistance with use of Rock Chalk Central and provide knowledge of SILC services
- Serving as peer mentor to uninvolved students looking to get involved on campus.
- Representing SILC for presentations/workshops/tabling opportunities
- Monitoring the main SILC email inbox, responding to emails and forwarding emails to the appropriate staff member.
- Answering/transferring telephone calls.
- Interacting with patrons that come into office and need referrals.
- Knowledge of office equipment, including, but not limited to the following: Multi-function Device (MFD), printing and scanning of documents.
- Coordinate campus mail for student organizations and SILC staff.
- Help promote SILC’s online presence through directed social media posting in order to engage with more students.
- Cover Campus Cupboard staffing as needed
- Must have good written communication skills as evidenced by application materials.
- During the semester term of the appointment, the student hourly must be enrolled in no fewer than 6 credit hours. Student Hourlies may be undergraduate or graduate students. (Exceptions granted for GRA/GTA/GA appointments DO NOT apply to Student Hourly appointments).
- Must have good oral communication skills as evidenced by interview.
- Active membership and good standing with a student organization.
- Prior experience posting on social media (e.g., Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, Facebook) and assisting in social media marketing campaigns.
- Must be knowledgeable about SILC’s program/services.
- Prior experience and/or attendance with any of SILC’s programs/services.
- Must have the availability that SILC is looking to fill.
- Federal Work Study preferred.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A complete application will include a cover letter and a resume or CV. Apply online and attach a letter describing your qualifications for this position. Only complete applications will be considered.
Initial review of applications begins August 15, 2022 and will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
Mon-Fri between 9a-5p