Site Coordinator - 18544BR
- 60% - Develop and implement day-to-day program activities and services for the GEAR UP Program in KCKPS, such as Academic Skill Building, Career Exploration, and Financial Literacy Workshops for students, parents, and teachers. Connect with KCKPS teachers to determine tutoring needs, coordinate schedules with available tutors, and supervise the work of those tutors in each of the schools in coordination with Project Directors.
- 10% - Assess effectiveness of programming and collect GEAR UP programming data. Propose modifications to program delivery based on each school’s needs, in coordination with the GEAR UP project team.
- 10% - Work with administration and school-based partners in the delivery of project by co-planning academic and college-readiness programming for students, parents, and teachers.
- 10% - Provide professional development on Academic Tools and Best Teaching Practices to teachers and students.
- 5% - Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by the Program Directors of GEAR UP Program, such as proposal development, professional development, and service advisory committees.
- 5% - Participate in the Center for Educational Opportunity Programs/CEOP quarterly meetings and annual events.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, counseling or related field
- Direct experience in a school setting
- Professional experience with target population
- Familiarity with the college admissions process
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills as evidenced by application materials and interview
- Master's Degree in education, counseling, or related field
- STEM background or experience
- ELL background or experience
- Ability to work flexible
Additional Candidate Instructions
- Completed online application
- Resume or CV
- Name and contact information for 3 professional references
- Cover letter that addresses the following topics:
- Your teaching or professional experience with the target population.
- Your college access experience.
Application review begins April 9, 2021 and continues until the position is filled. For first consideration, please apply before the initial review date.