Small Bus Development Center (SBDC) Advisor - 10652BR
Small Bus Development Center (SBDC) Advisor
50% Direct Client Counseling:
- Provide direct one-to-one counseling with small business clients in areas including business planning, finance, marketing, and management. Assist clients with business plan development, financial projections, cash flow analysis, marketing plan development, and other areas of business development.
- Assist with client intake process including explaining services to and collecting data from clients. Maintain client relationships in accordance with Kansas SBDC policy. Conduct follow-up activities to improve service delivery and assessment.
- Participate in professional development activities to continue to develop counseling skills. Establish annual professional development plan under the guidance of the Regional Director and meet the goals of the plan.
30% Community Outreach and Workshops
- Promote awareness of the services provided by the Kansas SBDC at KU, the Kansas SBDC, and the KU School of Business by making presentations to area organizations, attending functions and networking events, and involvement with professional organizations.
- Conduct startup seminars / workshops with small business clients. Develop and produce marketing materials for training seminars. Execute all organizational details, including registration, and follow-up for planned seminars. Work with economic development partners to develop training according to identified needs.
20% Administrative support – Provides a broad range of administrative support for center and directors, including but not limited to:
- Maintain Kansas SBDC at KU client files and audit for accurate information. Enter and update client information in the Kansas SBDC database in accordance with established deadlines. Compile Kansas SBDC at KU client information for monthly and quarterly reports. Assist in preparation for audits and reviews.
- Answer the telephone and greet / assist in person visitors to the center
- Order new supplies and resources as needed
- Provide guidance to student assistant and participate in general office Duties: Copy resource material, File paperwork, and Sort incoming and outgoing mail, Data entry.
- Assist the Kansas SBDC at KU Director and other Kansas SBDC staff as directed in achieving the goals of the center.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Regional Director.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of one year working with small businesses or operating a small business; participating in counseling and/or training activities.
- A minimum of two years experience in an office setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as evidenced by application materials.
- High proficiencies with computer software, web-based databases and technology including MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Advanced degree.
- Two (2) years or more of experience working with small businesses or operating a small business.
- Five (5) years of experience working in an office environment.
- Commitment to working with diverse populations as evidenced by application materials.
- A valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A complete application requires:
1) on-line application;
2) current resume;
3) a cover letter;
4) complete contact information for three professional references.
Application review begins on Jan 6, 2018. To ensure priority consideration, apply before the review date.
Estimated start date is Jan 29, 2018