SSC HR Specialist - 12981BR
SSC HR Specialist
- Manages the student recruitment for assigned units. May assist the HR Coordinators in initiating and managing faculty and staff hires to recruit and retain a superior workforce for assigned campus units.
- Write position descriptions with measurable qualifications. Assists campus units with completing recruitment plan documents and preparing associated materials for the recruitment process.
- Assists applicants with questions on application process and status, sends system notification of application outcome to candidates, generates online offers (for students, administrative staff, and temporary employees), places and tracks background check completion, ensures supporting/organizational documents are attached and monitors recruitment processes to ensure university guidelines are followed. Works with the HR Coordinator to learn search processes and evaluate issues related to the search process. Provides first level assistance for the resolution of issues and concerns.
- Reviews application materials on behalf of hiring departments as requested. May also consult with and/or serve on employee search committees.
25% For each area served, responsible for the time reviewer function; including, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for proactively following up on any missing time and approvals to ensure successful completion of the pay period for payroll purposes.
- Support departmental time approvers with questions and instructions on the Time and Leave system.
- Responsible for entering missed punches when contacted by student employees and monitoring correct leave request of staff.
20% Supports the onboarding of students and staff to KU, at the direction of the SSC HR Coordinator or SSC HR Manager:
- Responsible for the collection of all onboarding materials from prospective hires. Coordinates service access (i.e., computer access) and works with hiring unit to ensure information has been effectively communicated regarding employment details. Works with University Department of HR Appointment Specialists to ensure that all materials are keyed appropriately into the system and the appropriate hourly employees are set up for the corresponding time collection group.
- Supports orientation related services provided to new employees.
15% Appointment Management for areas served, which includes preparing contract, intent, or payroll forms as needed, and routing for appropriate approvals and keying:
- Facilitates the GTA/GRA/GA appointment process.
- Processes faculty summer salary.
- Processes funding and FTE changes
10% Other SSC Responsibilities:
- May be requested to participate in the development or creation of new employee materials, training packets, etc. which relate to recruitment and onboarding.
- Assists with communication ideas as it relates to social media, website and campus.
- Reviews and recommends changes to department and SSC procedures to ensure compliance with policy; prepares and updates procedural manuals and related instructional materials.
- Serves as a resource to department staff and faculty to ensure compliance with policy.
- Attends regular meetings, training sessions and professional development workshops/seminars to keep current on policies and procedures relevant to position responsibilities, as requested and approved by the SSC HR Manager.
- Bachelor's degree OR High School Degree/GED and two (2) years of relevant experience in recruitment (faculty, staff and/or student), human resources (HR), benefits, communication, and/or payroll processing.
- Minimum one year experience in a PC/Windows environment including MS Word and MS Excel as demonstrated by application materials and previous experience.
- Excellent written communication skills and attention to detail as demonstrated by application materials.
- Minimum of two years of experience directly related to supporting KU faculty, staff and/or students.
- Experience using an HR Enterprise Resource Planning system (ERP) such as a recruitment software application.
- Demonstrated experience in working in a customer service driven environment.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Review of applications begins October 17, 2018 and will remain open until filled.