Student Ambassador - 22047BR
Meet with prospective students and families - 50%
Staff the welcome center, including answering the phones and responding to emails - 35%
Recruitment and transition events, including summer Orientation - 10%
Other duties as assigned - 5%
- KU student must be enrolled in a minimum of six credit hours each semester during the academic year. Enrollment of one credit hour during the summer session is required if the students was not enrolled the previous spring or is not pre-enrolled in the upcoming fall term.
- KU undergraduate student enrolled, and in good academic standing, in a School of Education and Human Sciences degree program.
- Previous experience working with the public as evidenced by application materials.
- Strong knowledge of the School of Education and Human Sciences and ability to learn and understand academic requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated knowledge of University offices and academic programs.
- Ability to establish rapport with peers, students, parents, faculty and staff.
- Ability to set a positive tone for interaction, demonstrating responsibility and respect for other’s rights, feelings, lifestyles, diverse backgrounds.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases
- Experience managing social medial accounts on behalf of an organization including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Youtube.
- Ability to work in a team and to be flexible.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- Cover Letter (1-2 paragraphs addressing why you would like to be an ambassador)
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
This is a fully in-person position.
Work location is 208 JRP