Student Assistant—Moore Reading Room (Federal Work Study Required) - 22044BR
Student Assistant—Moore Reading Room (Federal Work Study Required)
- Provide helpful and friendly assistance to library users in a variety of ways including in-person, by telephone, and by email.
- Answer library user questions and provide general information, directional guidance, and referrals to university sources, using appropriate library resources and the Internet.
- Perform office support functions for Religious Studies faculty and staff, particularly scanning and copying.
- Perform a variety of circulation duties including checking out and returning books, periodicals, and other library materials.
- Perform a variety of collection maintenance duties including shelving and lifting.
- Assist users with and maintain library equipment.
- Work independently of supervision when necessary.
- Strong commitment to providing excellent customer service to library users.
- Must be reliable and able to maintain a weekly schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work independently following written and verbal instructions as evidenced by application materials.
- Great attention to detail and accuracy as evidenced by application materials.
- Experience with computers, scanners, and software applications such as Word, Excel, and Photoshop.
- Well-developed research skills, including knowledge of library online catalog, database, and web searching.
- Must be Federal Work Study eligible.
- During the semester term of the appointment, the student hourly must be enrolled in no fewer than 6 credit hours. For summer periods the student hourly must: 1) have been enrolled in no less than 6 hours in the past spring semester or 2) be pre-enrolled in the upcoming fall semester in no less than 6 hours or 3) be enrolled in summer session or 4) be admitted to study in the upcoming fall semester. Student Hourlies may be undergraduate or graduate students (Exceptions granted for GTA/GRA/GA appointments DO NOT apply to Student Hourly appointments).
- Previous library experience.
- Knowledge of Library of Congress classification system.
- Experience interacting with the public via phone and in-person.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
Potential Shifts: Monday-Thursday, 9am-5pm