Student Assistant - Contracts - 11508BR
Student Assistant - Contracts
- Provides administrative support to permanent staff by performing a variety of clerical and administrative duties.
- Prepares documents for filing and performs filing tasks.
- Performs data entry duties.
- Works on projects using spreadsheets and other computer-based applications.
- Provides assistance on special projects and tasks.
- Position may require receptionist-related duties such as greeting the public and answering the phone.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Good oral and written communication skills as evidenced by application materials. High level of reading comprehension.
- Strong attention to detail as evidenced by application materials.
- Proficiency in computer applications, specifically Adobe Acrobat, MS Word and Excel, as evidenced by application materials
- Student status, min. 6 hrs enrollment
- Ability to work between 10 - 20 hours per week during the academic year and summer, with at least 2 hour time blocks.
- Previous work experience in a business office
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to follow directions with minimal supervision
- Data entry and retrieval experience; intermediate skill level with Word, Excel, and Access
- Available to work for at least a year
Additional Candidate Instructions
A complete application packet includes:
1. a cover letter addressing how the required and preferred qualifications are met,
2. a current resume, and
3. contact information for 3 references.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
***The deadline for applications has been extended to midnight on April 27th.***