Student Assistant - Pool - 13152BR
Student Assistant - Pool
As a function of CODL’s commitment to serve faculty and provide customized student services, the student assistant helps CODL production staff create accessible online courseware by transcribing and captioning video content. The student assistant also helps the Exam Coordinator administer and monitor midterm and final exams in a professional and secure environment.
- 90% - Transcribe, edit and caption audio and video clips and help with the process of turning content into online courseware.
- 10% - Proctor midterm and final exams. Occasional evening hours are required.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Blackboard and web browsers as evidenced in application materials.
- Excellent communication skills and strong command of the English language, including correct spelling, grammar and punctuation (as evidenced by application materials).
- Previous experience with customer/student service.
- Previous experience that required strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to work in 2-3 hour time blocks.
- Must be able to work occasional evenings.
- Transcription experience – ability to proficiently and accurately type what you hear.
- Clerical experience.
- Proofreading skills.