Student Community Action Corps- LEAD UP Guide/Facilitator - 23003BR
Student Community Action Corps- LEAD UP Guide/Facilitator
This Student Community Action Corps position would assist in supporting the LEAD UP Youth Achievement Program that provides leadership, academic and college readiness support to middle and high school youth. Tasks may include supporting the administration and use of several web-based platforms including an online data reporting and evaluation system, the Community Check Box (CCB) Evaluation System and a shared online workspace, Microsoft Teams. The CCB supports may also include documenting, reviewing and analyzing activities documented in the Community Check Box Evaluation System; and prepare data reports.
The position supports curriculum development and implementation of academic supports to youth. The position also includes general office work, such as copying, filing, data entry, typing, editing, document production, social media management, running errands, mailings, writing newsletters, internet articles and miscellaneous other duties as required. LEAD UP provides the job training for all job duties.
To learn more about LEAD UP, visit www.myleadup.com
- Assist in collecting and reviewing data documented in the Community Check Box to evaluate efforts of LEAD UP.
- Provide administrative and program support to the LEAD UP Youth Achievement Program, including maintaining social media efforts, developing blogs, and supporting online communications with youth participants.
- Participate in team meetings and student organization meetings.
- Provide direct supports to youth served (tutoring, academic coaching, etc.)
- Participate and support KU LEAD UP student organization, including promoting the group among KU students.
- Must be a current student of the University of Kansas enrolled in 6 or more credit hours.
- Student employees must be Federal Work Study-eligible.
- Must be available to work in blocks of at least two hours.
- Excellent and accurate typing skills, excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to complete projects independently with attention to detail.
- Basic experience with general office work and use of Microsoft Office programs (e.g., Excel).
- Attention to detail and ability to review and input data with accuracy.
- Adaptability and flexibility to new tasks, settings, and opportunities.
- Ability to take initiative and work both as a team and independently based on the task.
- Must enroll in UNIV 299, a 0-1 credit hour course for training purposes, or an approved course with CSL staff.
- Must enroll in UNIV 299, a 0-1 credit hour course for training purposes.
- Ability to travel to community-based activities in Lawrence and Kansas City.
- Interest and passion for community service, civic engagement, advocacy, social justice, etc.
- Responsibility and personal accountability for completing tasks; attention to details and deadlines.
- Commit to working through the academic year (9 months).
- Interest in youth development, particularly with racial and ethnic minority populations and groups,
- Willingness to learn new skills and work in new areas to support team efforts.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- Completion of the online application form
- Cover Letter
- Current Resume
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
8 hours a week