Student Editorial Assistant - 19801BR
Student Editorial Assistant
Typical duties include writing, editing and copy editing content, including press releases, news articles, print collateral and web copy.
- Write and edit content to promote opportunities offered by the School, and highlight student and faculty work, exhibitions, publications and awards.
- Copy edit articles for School publications.
- Participate in editorial meetings.
- Contact students, faculty, alumni and community partners about projects and opportunities.
- Motivated and detailed editor proficient in AP Style as evidenced by application materials and work history.
- Able to work independently and in close collaboration as evidenced by application materials and work history.
- Journalism or English student, or applicable professional and/or academic experience as evidenced by application materials and work history.
- During the semester term of the appointment, the student hourly must be enrolled in no fewer than 6 credit hours. For summer periods the student hourly must: 1) have been enrolled in no less than 6 hours in the past spring semester or 2) be pre-enrolled in upcoming fall semester in no less than 6 hours or 3) be enrolled in summer session or 4) be admitted to study in the upcoming fall semester. Student Hourlies may be undergraduate or graduate students. (Exceptions granted for GRA/GTA/GA appointments DO NOT apply to Student Hourly appointments).
- Professional experience as a writer or editor.
- Experience with content management tools.
- Interest in design, architecture and art.
- Working knowledge of communication theory and current audience trends.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A complete application will include a cover letter and resume or CV. Apply online and submit a letter describing your qualifications for this position. Only complete applications will be considered.
Review of applications begins on 8-7-21 and continues as needed to collect a pool of qualified applicants. To ensure consideration, apply before the application review date 8-7-21.
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
Hours can vary, but usually, Monday - Friday, between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm.