Student Engagement and Inclusion Coordinator - 12085BR
Student Engagement and Inclusion Coordinator
The work schedule for this position will coincide with student needs and traffic at the KU Edwards Campus with campus service hours of 9am – 7pm Mon-Thur and 8am – 5pm Fridays, including working evening hours and some weekends as needed.
- Manage student co- and extra-curricular programming activities for the KU Edwards student population based on the KUEC Hallmarks of a KU Edwards Graduate. (1-2 programs per month at KU Edwards Campus and 1 student event each semester at Leavenworth.)
- Coordinate an approved master event calendar for the academic year with the Student Services team.
- Coordinate co- and extra-curricular programs with local Community Colleges as part of our transfer student success strategic partnership efforts.
- Manage Student Services programming budget.
- Support the “Knowledge Now Series” with key partners in the Leavenworth Community.
- Collaborate with program academic success coaches and leaders/faculty on program-specific KUEC Hallmark programming once each semester for each degree program.
- Collaborate with other university departments and organizations on student learning outcomes for programming such as SAPEC, University Bookstore, KU Writing Center etc.
- Collaborate with off-campus organizations if/when programming learning outcomes require external stakeholders such as Harvesters, MOCSA, Johnson County Libraries etc.
- Support student organizations including but not limited to Student Advisory Council, BSW Student Association and others that develop.
- Create and facilitate experiential learning or training opportunities for KUEC students as requested by KU Edwards programs and/or faculty.
- Coordinate New Student Orientation prior to each academic term for undergraduate and graduate student populations.
- Track student success and persistence data related to NSO program participation and learning outcomes.
- Develop appropriate online, pre-orientation, and new student enrollment learning and engagement systems to support new student onboarding experience and learning outcomes.
- Coordinate with coaching and advising teams as well as student support units at KU to provide students timely and updated support information and resources.
- Support the infrastructure of the KU Edwards DEI Cabinet by coordinating meetings with Cabinet learning opportunities for each meeting.
- Track membership, sub-team outcomes and metrics for all cabinet goals. Submit monthly activity reports to Cabinet co-chairs for review.
- Coordinate the Annual Connections, Communities, and Cultural Competency Celebration event for the Cabinet each year.
- Manage the DEI Cabinet budget.
- Proctor appointment-based student exams and quizzes in the campus Testing Center in the evenings.
- Staff the Welcome Center as needed to provide tier 1 and tier 2 student service for prospective and current students.
- Manage student records on KU student information systems and database/CRM systems.
- Adhere to KU Admissions, Registrar, Financial Aid and Payment policies.
- Attend relevant unit meetings at KUEC or KU Lawrence.
- Participate in KUEC department and campus meetings and trainings.
- Participate in relevant professional development annually.
- Bachelor's degree plus three years of related experience.
- Two years of related coordination experience to include demonstrated experience in developing and presenting student programs, workshops, and/or educational materials.
- Two years demonstrated customer service experience in a higher education setting.
- Strong written communication skills as demonstrated by application materials.
- Budget management experience.
- Experience working directly with college students.
- Strong presentation skills demonstrated by public speaking experiences.
- Project management or leadership experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite including MS Outlook.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures of a large university.
- Experience with community college or transfer students.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met.
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Contact information for 3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered. To ensure consideration apply before the review date.
Application review date begins June 15th, 2018, but will remain open until a qualified pool of applicants is assembled.