Student Hourly - Assistant to the Artistic Director - 22825BR
Student Hourly - Assistant to the Artistic Director
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
-Support Artistic Director as requested, from play selection to casting to the rehearsal process.
-Assist in the planning and implementation of the Theatre and Dance season
-Support the Literary Management process including script solicitation, management, evaluation,
development and preparation of scripts under consideration
-Assist in post-show audience discussions, panel discussions as assigned.
-Attend first rehearsals, designer run-throughs, and some tech rehearsals as requested.
-Attend production meetings.
-Assist in research about best practices in the field.
-Some mundane office tasks like proofreading, scripts conversion, and updating databases.
-Attend readings, productions, and seminars as requested.
-Attend and take minutes at TDPC committee meetings
-Generally, support the day-to-day operations of the production process.
- Must be fluent in Google Docs & Microsoft Office Suite, as evidenced in application materials.
- High degree of autonomy and independent motivation, as evidenced in application materials.
- Strong collaborative and communication skills, as evidenced in application materials.
- Public speaking and writing/editing experience.
- Excellent organizational skills, as evidenced in application materials.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including some nights and weekends based on the production schedule.
- Working knowledge of the American Theatre.
- During the semester term of the appointment, the student hourly must be enrolled in no fewer than 6 credit hours. For summer periods the student hourly must: 1) have been enrolled in no less than 6 hours in the past spring semester or 2) be pre-enrolled in upcoming fall semester in no less than 6 hours or 3) be enrolled in summer session or 4) be admitted to study in the upcoming fall semester. Student Hourlies may be undergraduate or graduate students. (Exceptions granted for GRA/GTA/GA appointments DO NOT apply to Student Hourly appointments).
Additional Candidate Instructions
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
To be determined by supervisor