Student Hourly Assistant-Multicultural Scholars Program - 10467BR
Student Hourly Assistant-Multicultural Scholars Program
Responsible for assisting the Multicultural Scholars Program (MSP) Executive Director, First Two Years Director, and the Program Assistant with assigned office and clerical tasks and with program events held during the academic year. These may include, but are not limited to, the Welcome Back Picnic, Winter Banquet, and Graduation Banquet. Student will be compensated for time worked during the actual event, as well as any office time leading up to the event.
- Welcoming and assisting students visiting the office.
- Assisting with program events held during the academic year. These may include, but are not limited to, the Welcome Back Picnic, Winter Banquet, and Graduation Banquet.
- Promote MSP on social media: Inviting new and current students to join the MSP Facebook page, inviting students to link with the MSP LinkedIn account and finding alumni through LinkedIn and Facebook.
- Assisting with the newsletter, recruiting, admissions process, maintaining contact data for students, donors, and alumni, scanning and archiving records, running errands on campus, posting to bulletin boards, and other tasks as needed.
- Student Assistant will staff the office independently during a 2 to 3 hour shift each Wednesday and serve as office host/receptionist in the absence of the Program Assistant.
- Confidentiality, punctuality and reliability are essential, Diligence in reporting hours accurately; and communicate with MSP office if any concerns arise.
- Must be available for the scheduled MSP Program events as well as a minimum of 2 hours per week between 12 pm - 4:30 pm, and a minimum of 2 hours per week on Wed, as evidenced on application material.
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours at KU.
- Experience with the Multicultural Scholar Program.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Sophomore status or higher.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- On-line Application
- Cover letter addressing the required and preferred qualifications
- Names and contact information of three references.
Hours per week:
Minimum of 4 and up to 10 depending on program need and student availability. Some weeks with events, there is a possibility of more hours.