Student Hourly - Audiovisual/Video Production Intern - 19729BR
Student Hourly - Audiovisual/Video Production Intern
The Dole Institute of Politics hosts a variety of programs during the academic year, such as political discussions, interview sessions, and roundtable discussions. We are currently hiring two Audiovisual/Video Production Interns. This is a great experience for future videographers, documentarians, journalists, video editors, directors, producers, and audiovisual technicians.
Interns will enhance their multi-camera web casting production skills and receive hands-on experience in all technical aspects of executing a video production event, including equipment set-up, collaborating with event participants, and troubleshooting technical issues that may arise. Interns will also have the opportunity to work with staff and members of the Student Advisory Board (SAB) to produce creative social media content to promote the Institute and its programming.
- Assist the event technical director in technical set-up, execution, and teardown of events including:
- Set-up and operate equipment, such as multi-camera production studio, microphones, video playback, and recording equipment
- Operate video cameras and audio equipment to produce live streaming events
- Monitor sound and video feeds to ensure quality, test and resolve equipment issues
- Client and speaker preparation
- Production of creative video to promote Institute events and programming, including videos for social media channels
- Perform other duties as needed on location
- Current enrollment in at least 6 credits in an undergraduate or graduate program at the University of Kansas
- Availability for most evening and some afternoon programs, generally on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (afternoons 1:00- 4:30 p.m. and evenings 6 p.m.- 9 p.m.)
- Work and/or personal experience with video production, sound equipment operation, and techniques with non-linear video and audio editing
- Previous work and/or school experience that required excellent attention to detail
- Work and/or personal experience using Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Audition, or comparable software packages (i.e. Final Cut, Motion, or ProTools)
- Experience or strong knowledge of video production equipment and various presentation display devices
- Advanced knowledge and experience with non-linear video and audio editing
- Proficiency with Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Audition, or comparable software packages (i.e. Final Cut, Motion, or ProTools)
- Demonstrates ability to apply logistical analysis and problem solving to situations
- Knowledge of and past participation in the Dole Institute’s Student Advisory Board
- Eligible for Federal Work Study
Additional Candidate Instructions
Instructions for Applying:
Applications and attached documents must be submitted electronically through the KU Human Resources website. Applications should include:
- A cover letter, including a brief statement of interest and an assessment of skills related to the required and preferred qualifications.
- A resume or curriculum vitae.
- Sample media of video production experience (not required but encouraged to submit).
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
7-15 hours per week; flexibility in scheduling as needed per event.