Student Hourly - Communications and Marketing Intern - 23055BR
Student Hourly - Communications and Marketing Intern
The Dole Institute of Politics hosts a variety of programs during the academic year, such as political discussions, interview sessions, and roundtable discussions. We are currently hiring one Communications and Marketing Intern to support promotional efforts for the Institute’s programs, museum, archives, and Student Advisory Board (SAB).
This position will provide an intern with hands-on experience in all aspects of communications and marketing. Interns will assist with social media management, content creation, graphic design, and website management. Interns will also work closely with student staff and members of the SAB to marketing student programming, membership, and involvement.
This position will work under the supervision of the Director of Program and Student Affairs.
- Supports marketing efforts for Dole Institute programs and archive, including designing and distributing print and digital promotional materials on campus and in the community
- Leads marketing for the Dole Institute's Student Advisory Board
- Assists other student workers with design needs for student-led programming
- Attends weekly marketing meeting
- Brainstorms and executes new ideas for student outreach and recruitment
- Maintains all official SAB social media accounts by posting regularly
- Assists with maintenance of official Dole Institute social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Assists with written content for Dole Institute use, which may include guest introductions, creative blog posts, and copy
- Occasionally collaborates with the Audiovisual/Video Production Interns to brainstorm and produce video content
- Assists with updates and maintenance of doleinstitute.org
- Provides event coverage, including photography of internal and public events
- Perform other duties as needed
- Current enrollment in at least 6 credits in an undergraduate or graduate program at the University of Kansas
- One year experience with Adobe Creative Cloud applications, including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Work and/or volunteer experience involving the management of social media accounts, including design standards for various platforms
- Excellent written communication and copyediting skills, as evidenced by application materials
- Previous work experience that required creativity, attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and self-motivation
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud applications, primarily Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Thorough knowledge of the KU campus community, including student groups and academic units
- Knowledge of and past participation in the Dole Institute’s Student Advisory Board
- Experience doing event photography
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Eligible for Federal Work Study
Additional Candidate Instructions
Instructions for Applying:
Applications and attached documents must be submitted electronically through the KU Human Resources website. For more information go to: https://jobs.ku.edu and search the "Student Hourly" positions.
Applications should include:
- A cover letter including a brief statement of interest and an assessment of skills related to the required and preferred qualifications.
- A resume or curriculum vitae.
- A portfolio of relevant work samples (including print and digital design, writing samples and social media content) is encouraged but not required
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
7-15 hours per week; flexibility in scheduling Monday-Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., evenings and weekends as needed per event.