Student Hourly - Communications Assistant - 22037BR
Student Hourly - Communications Assistant
Location: Strong Hall Room 200
- Write and brainstorm social media content. Create and manage key social media campaigns. Create on-brand social graphics. Curate social media content. Assist in community management, social media strategy, and reporting. (60%)
- Assist in the development of blog posts, website content, and other strategic writing as needed. Research and interview contacts for articles. Pitch story ideas in communications meetings. (20%)
- Provide event marketing and logistic support. (10%)
- Assist in editing and proofreading collateral. (5%)
- Perform other communication tasks as assigned. (5%)
- Availability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Available to work in shifts of at least two consecutive hours between 8:00 - 5:00 Monday through Friday as stated in application materials.
- Must be at least sophomore status as indicated in application materials.
- Majoring in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences, marketing, public relations, journalism, or related field as stated in application materials.
- Some experience with social media as demonstrated through coursework or previous work experience.
- Some experience using Adobe Creative Suite as demonstrated through coursework or previous work experience.
- During the semester term of the appointment, the student hourly must be enrolled in no fewer than 6 credit hours. For summer periods the student hourly must: 1) have been enrolled in no less than 6 hours in the past spring semester, or 2) be pre-enrolled in upcoming fall semester in no less than 6 hours, or 3) be enrolled in summer session, or 4) be admitted to study in the upcoming fall semester. Student Hourlies may be undergraduate or graduate students. (Exceptions granted for GRA/GTA/GA appointments DO NOT apply to Student Hourly appointments).
- At least two semesters left prior to graduation.
- Experience with writing, editing, and researching through coursework or previous work experience.
- Past volunteer, internship, or employment experience where marketing and communications skills were used.
- Understanding of social media marketing and communications metric.
- Basic photography and video skills (can include using cameras, phones, i-pods or any other device).
- Highly organized, detailed and an excellent communicator.
- Self-starter and proficient in time management.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Positive attitude and a history of strong work ethic.
Additional Candidate Instructions
The job posting removal has been extended for students to apply for this position. Application review will begin at midnight on 5/19/2022 and will continue until an applicant pool has been identified.
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
15-20 hours on weekdays, between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.