Student Hourly Lab Assistant - 12641BR
Student Hourly Lab Assistant
Position requirements: The successful candidate will have a willingness to help lab users, troubleshoot potential technical issues, enforce proper safety procedures and be able to communicate procedures and techniques effectively. The candidate will be responsible and dependable as demonstrated through previous work experience and be able to work with minimal supervision. The successful candidate will be able to perform basic math calculations.
- Prior experience with Adobe Creative Suite (mainly Photoshop and Illustrator) as evidenced in application material or by previous work experience
- Prior experience with laser systems and/or 3D printers as evidenced in application material or by previous work experience
- During the semester term of the appointment, the student hourly must be enrolled in no fewer than 6 credit hours. For summer periods the student hourly must: 1) have been enrolled in no less than 6 hours in the past spring semester or 2) be pre-enrolled in upcoming fall semester in no less than 6 hours or 3) be enrolled in summer session or 4) be admitted to study in the upcoming fall semester. Student Hourlies may be undergraduate or graduate students. (Exceptions granted for GRA/GTA/GA appointments to enroll in 1 credit hour DO NOT apply to Student Hourly appointments)
- Be Work Study eligible
- Be available for 3-5 hour blocks of time during the day, evenings, or weekends
- Have prior studio art background
- Have prior experience with 3D modeling software
- Have prior experience with woodshop tools and processes
- Be able to take initiative when beginning and completing assigned duties
Additional Candidate Instructions
THIS IS A POOL POSTING. REVIEW OF APPLICATIONS WILL BE ONGOING AND HIRES WILL BE MADE AS NEEDED THROUGHOUT THE POSTING PERIOD.