Student Hourly - Marketing Internship - 13119BR
Student Hourly - Marketing Internship
The marketing internship is a student part-time position and is responsible for assisting the marketing, communications and advancement director with various recruitment and public relations activities and projects. The individual in this position will work 15 to 20 hours per week, scheduled between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. This is a temporary position.
2. Conduct interviews with KU School of Social Welfare employees, retirees, scholarship recipients, students, alumni, faculty and donors; conduct confidential research into the background of donors and award recipients, and the history of association funds.
3. Research best practices in web content writing and social media marketing geared toward students and young alumni, and take initiative to recommend new strategies.
4. Perform other work as assigned.
2. The ideal candidate will be a junior or senior student at KU who has completed upper-level coursework in journalism or communications and has experience with writing and editing.
3. Must be able to meet deadlines and ability to work individually on a project or in a team environment.
2. Graphic design skills and experience using Adobe Creative Suite.
3. Ability to edit and update web pages using a web content management system such as Drupal (preferred).
4. Photography, videography and/or video production skills.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A complete application consists of:
- A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met.
- Three professional references
- At least one writing sample and/or media content sample (personal or for an organization)
- Not required but preferred, at least one graphic design sample (personal or for an organization)
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Application review will begin November 5 and will remain open until November 16, 2018.