Student Hourly - Purchasing Assistant - 12320BR
Student Hourly - Purchasing Assistant
2. Review KGS automotive p-card receipts and assign KGS ID number for entry into KU’s CONCUR system.
3. Enter payment requests in FITC and submit to SSC for processing.
4. Assist in database management of departmental (building key records) and purchasing (sensitive equipment inventory,
vendor records, and bid files) activities.
5. Assist with retention and maintenance of business records. Run Excel reports and draft summaries.
6. Assist in developing and implementing process improvements.
7. Provide additional support as assigned.
2. Good command of English language with proficiency in grammar as evidenced in application materials.
3. Detail oriented as demonstrated in application materials and skill in filing.
4. Available to work in 2-4 hour blocks of time within office hours 8am-12noon and 1pm-5pm Monday through Friday and
able to work during some school breaks and through summer.
**During the semester term of the appointment, the student hourly must be enrolled in no fewer than 6 credit hours. For summer periods the student hourly must: 1) have been enrolled in no less than 6 hours in the past spring semester or 2) be pre-enrolled in upcoming fall semester in no less than 6 hours or 3) be enrolled in summer session or 4) be admitted to study in the upcoming fall semester. Student Hourlies may be undergraduate or graduate students. (Exceptions granted for GRA/GTA/GA appointments DO NOT apply to Student Hourly appointments).**
POSITION REQUIREMENT: Valid driver’s license for occasional courier runs in State vehicle.
2. Knowledge of People Soft software.
3. Experience with KU’s ordering system.
4. Business and/or business related course work.
5. Experience with copying and scanning documents.
6. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and follow general instructions.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Please apply by July 18, 2018