Student Hourly - Research Assistant - 23004BR
Student Hourly - Research Assistant
This position is on-site only.
- Currently pursuing a degree in Linguistics, Psychology, or Speech-Language-Hearing Science at KU or other closely related disciplines, as shown in application materials.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as demonstrated in application materials.
- Able to work independently with close attention to detail, as shown in application materials.
- Able to work about 10-15 hours a week during Fall 2022 and Spring 2023, with the ability to work on evenings and weekends (for partial testing) while registered as a full-time student at KU, as shown in application materials.
- During the semester term of the appointment, the student hourly must be enrolled in no fewer than 6 credit hours. For summer periods the student hourly must:
- have been enrolled in no less than 6 hours in the past spring semester or
- be pre-enrolled in upcoming fall semester in no less than 6 hours or
- be enrolled in summer session or
- be admitted to study in the upcoming fall semester. Student Hourlies may be undergraduate or graduate students. (Exceptions granted for GRA/GTA/GA appointments DO NOT apply to Student Hourly appointments).
- Applicant will have already completed an introductory linguistics course, as well as some advanced coursework in disciplines such as linguistics, psychology, or behavioral neuroscience.
- Coursework in computer science or experience with data processing, statistics, or computer programming.
- Experience with EEG research either through work in a lab or through coursework.
- Some knowledge of Spanish.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Review of applications begins on August 08, 2022 and continues as needed to collect a pool of qualified applicants. To ensure consideration, apply before the application review date.
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
Varies, 10-15 hours per week