Student Hourly - Student Assistant - Laborer - 12166BR
Student Hourly - Student Assistant - Laborer
This position consists of a wide range of duties from assisting in the office to assisting program managers with the Kansas Fire and Rescue Training Institute (KF&RTI) fleet; maintaining, fueling, cleaning, sorting equipment used (including training props, vehicles, tools, etc.).This job is primarily outside work that requires physical exertion. This job is not a typical office job and will require the individual to get dirty. Individual must be capable of performing manual labor. Individual must be able to lift 50 pounds. Individual must be mechanically inclined or be willing to learn. Must work well independently and be able to follow written instructions. Individual must perform office duties as needed: preparing course kits/packets for shipping, various mailings, copying/assembling course materials, filing and setting up new files, maintaining library, scanning documents, some database work, typing, etc. Work location if off of the main campus and individual must have transportation to and from work site.
- Applicant must have a valid driver’s license.
- Willing to primarily do manual labor.
- Have transportation to/from work site which is located off of the main campus at the following address: 1515 St. Andrews Dr. Lawrence, KS 66047.
- Familiar with basic office equipment and computer skills as evidenced by resume.
- Good driving ability.
- Customer service experience and a positive attitude as evidenced by resume.
- Routine mechanical knowledge or willingness to learn as evidenced by resume.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A complete application consists of a resume, cover letter, and two references.
Application will remain open until position is filled.
Position requirement: ability to lift 50 pounds with or without accomodation.