Student Hourly - Student Office Assistant - 24474BR
Student Hourly - Student Office Assistant
The Schiefelbusch Speech-Language-Hearing Clinic provides speech-language pathology and audiology services to the KU, Lawrence, and surrounding communities. The clinic personnel comprises several clinical professors, staff, and KU undergraduate and graduate students in the Department of Speech-Language-Hearing. Student office assistants (SOA) provide direct professional assistance to the clinic’s office manager. This includes setting being the first impression of the SPLH Clinic with all visitors (e.g., clients, KU students, faculty) to the clinic. SOAs will provide office support as outlined below in a professional manner. SOAs are expected to be polite, friendly, dependable, independent, and possess excellent interpersonal communication skills.
Student Office Assistant will:
- Greet all visitors politely and professionally.
- Assist answering emails and phone calls, including answering basic questions and/or referring visitors or callers to the appropriate person within the clinic or department.
- Assist in keeping the office professional and tidy in its appearance.
- Assist in common office duties (e.g., sorting mail, running errands, photocopying, scanning, and filing)
- Assist in digital medical record keeping and data entry.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- Eligible for Federal Work Study – to learn more about Federal Work Study eligibility, please go to: https://financialaid.ku.edu/understand-aid/work-study
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, as evidenced in application materials and interview.
- Attention to detail, as evidenced in application materials.
- Basic computer skills, as evidenced in application materials.
- Strong organizational skills, as evidenced in application materials.
- During the semester term of the appointment, the student hourly must be enrolled in no fewer than 6 credit hours. For summer periods the student hourly must: 1) have been enrolled in no less than 6 hours in the past spring semester or 2) be pre-enrolled in upcoming fall semester in no less than 6 hours or 3) be enrolled in summer session or 4) be admitted to study in the upcoming fall semester. Student Hourlies may be undergraduate or graduate students. (Exceptions granted for GRA/GTA/GA appointments DO NOT apply to Student Hourly appointments)
- Customer service experience.
- Experience communicating with people with different abilities (e.g., hearing loss, disabilities, etc.)
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Outlook.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
7-15 hours per week