Student Hourly - Summer Student Technology Outreach Specialist - 11602BR
Student Hourly - Summer Student Technology Outreach Specialist
KU Information Technology is looking for two students to serve as technology ambassadors during new student orientation in summer 2018 that takes place from June 11 through July 27, 2018. The student outreach specialists will:
- Welcome and inform prospective students and parents of technology resources provided at KU.
- Guide student groups through connecting to Wi-Fi and setting up email on their smart phones, concentrating on iOS and Android.
- Assist in the process to resolve password issues.
This position will begin June 4 and last until July 27 and is expected to work up to 40 hours a week.
- KU student must be enrolled in a minimum of six credit hours each semester during the academic year. Enrollment of one credit hour during the summer session is required if the student was not enrolled the previous spring or is not pre-enrolled in the upcoming fall term.
- Must be classified as a sophomore or higher by hours and years of attendance by the summer of 2018 as evidenced in application materials.
- Must be available for 6-8 hours of paid training the week of June 4 – June 11.
- Must be available to work an 8 hour shift with a 30-minute lunch break between the hours of 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. for the duration of summer new student orientation, June 11 – July 27.
- Ability to communicate well, verbally and non-verbally
- Experience using either iPhones or Android phones
- Strong ability to present to various groups of individuals
- Ability to relate well with students, parents, and administrators
- Demonstration of responsibility, positive attitude, confidence, flexibility, team orientation, strong interpersonal skills, and high energy
- Work study eligible.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Apply online. Include a cover letter and resume or curriculum vitae.