Student Hourly Technical Research Assistant - 10719BR
Student Hourly Technical Research Assistant
10% Assist with rock preparation, including sawing, slabbing, and polishing, and photographing of samples.
10% Perform other duties as assigned.
**During the semester term of the appointment, the student hourly must be enrolled in no fewer than 6 credit hours. For summer periods the student hourly must: 1) have been enrolled in no less than 6 hours in the past spring semester or 2) be pre-enrolled in upcoming fall semester in no less than 6 hours or 3) be enrolled in summer session or 4) be admitted to study in the upcoming fall semester. Student Hourlies may be undergraduate or graduate students. (Exceptions granted for GRA/GTA/GA appointments DO NOT apply to Student Hourly appointments).**
- Valid driver’s license at onset of employment for driving a state vehicle.
- Available to work at least through summer 2018.
- Ability to tolerate working environment that may be dusty from old core boxes, etc.
- Ability to lift and move boxes up to 50 pounds to overhead height.
- Ability to be comfortable on a forklift at heights.
- Ability to lift and carry 70 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to work in core facilities which may range in temperatures affected by extreme outdoor Kansas weather.
- Experience in library or warehouse inventory control.
- Experience with Windows-based computers.
- Experience or course work in geology or related field.
- Experience with the use of hand tools and minor mechanical repairs.
- Experience operating and maintaining a forklift.
- Experience in preparation of geologic samples.
- Experience with digital photography and creation of data catalogs.
Additional Candidate Instructions
[Internal position number 00071565.]