Student Hourly - 10819BR
2. Assist students in subject content preparations for class/tests. Review important concepts relevant to subject tutored.
3. Assess learning progress and preparedness of students. Establish an environment of patience, encouragement, and rapport with students.
4. Be punctual and consistent in attendance for tutoring sessions.
5. Check mailbox regularly for information/assignments after receiving a signed student consent form.
6. Complete a Tutor Summary Report (TSR) for each tutoring session and turn-in as directed by the Academic Coordinator.
7. Complete online time sheets as directed by the Project Office Manager/Payroll Supervisor.
8. Complete all necessary paperwork according to time frames allotted.
9. Keep Academic Coordinator informed of all problems or potential problems regarding tutoring.
10. Wait for 15 minutes at each tutoring session for student to arrive and complete TSR if student does not attend session.
11. Attend all required tutoring orientations and trainings.
12. Tutors are requested to give a two week notice prior to resignation
2. 3.0 or better GPA in subject area/s to be tutored or special consent from Academic Coordinator.
3. 12-15 credit hours in subject area(s) to be tutored or special consent from Academic Coordinator.
4. Experience with communicating effectively with diverse populations as evidenced in application materials.
2. Completion of one semester or more of coursework at the University of Kansas
3. Eligible for work-study
Additional Candidate Instructions
Completion of the online application
Names/Contact information of 3 professional references.
Review of applications begins on January 29, 2018 and continues as needed to collect a pool of qualified applicants. To ensure consideration, apply before the application review date.