Student Hourly/Work Study - Mail Services - 22889BR
Student Hourly/Work Study - Mail Services
Specific duties include, but may not be limited to:
- Driving a university-owned vehicle to deliver and collect campus mail.
- Campus Mail packaging, processing, and delivery.
- Library mail packaging and processing, including computer documentation.
- Management of shipments to and from Watson Library (staging, loading & unloading of dock deliveries).
- Driving a university-owned vehicle to transport library materials between library locations.
- Delivery of copy paper to library offices.
- Collection of donated books.
- Assist library personnel with projects when needed (moving furniture, arranging work areas, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours with the University of Kansas.
- Must have a good driving record as evidenced in the application materials.
- Must be available to work a minimum of 9-12 hours per week.
- Familiarity with campus is a plus.
- Reliability and punctuality are very important (adhering to the agreed-upon work schedule).
- Awarded and accepted Federal Work Study.
Additional Candidate Instructions
The Mail Services office operates year-round on a Monday-Friday schedule. Semester schedules for student hires are set in coordination with existing workers’ available hours. Students generally work 10-20 hours per week in the Spring & Fall semesters, and possibly more during breaks.
We are seeking students with the availability to work some variation of an 8:00am-11:00am and/or 1:00pm-3:00pm schedule Monday-Friday.
Ideal candidates will be consistently available to work a minimum 2-hour blocks of time.
Please attach a resume and cover letter which addresses how you meet the required and preferred qualifications.
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
Flexible, based on class schedule.