Student IT Support Technician - 22294BR
Student IT Support Technician
- Provide basic technical support via phone, email, chat, or in person.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
- Maintain accurate hardware inventory.
- Create and update support tickets in ticket management system.
- Install, upgrade, image, and configure computer hardware and software.
- Provide support to campus support staff when requested.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Able to work a minimum of 12 hours per week.
- Experience using or managing Windows, Mac and/or Linux operating systems.
- Experience troubleshooting computer hardware and software issues.
- Experience working in a customer service centric environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills as evidenced by application materials and possible interview.
- Valid current driver’s license.
- Were enrolled in at least 6 credit hours for Spring OR pre-enrolled in 6 credit hours Fall OR enrolled in at least 1 credit hour Summer.
- Previous professional experience supporting/troubleshooting computer hardware and software.
- Experience using or managing Dell computer hardware.
- Experience using or managing multi-function devices (print/fax/scan devices.)
- Experience using a ticketing system (ServiceNow, Remedy, etc.)
- Experience using a configuration management solution (Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager.)
- Knowledge of LAN / WAN principles and protocols.
- Experience creating technical documentation.
- Able to work over academic, holiday, and summer breaks.
- Eligible for Federal Work Study.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- Cover letter addressing how the Required Qualifications are met.
- 3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Application review will begin May 30, 2022 and continue until all positions are filled.
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
12-20 hours per week.