Student Maintenance Assistant - 12349BR
Student Maintenance Assistant
Completion of all duties assigned by General Maintenance Staff and KU Recreation Services administrative staff. Maintain effective and appropriate communication with participants, guest, co-workers, and administration. All decisions, actions, and work habits shall maintain a high level of integrity and consistency. Attend all scheduled meetings and work-shifts on time, while being ready to learn and work. Act with personal responsibility. Implementation of risk management procedures and protocols when necessary.
Maintenance & Cleaning:
Dust, clean and sanitize CRT equipment, indoor track, window frames, handrails, televisions, and, rest rooms etc. Occasionally cleaning and sanitizing will involve bodily fluids, toilets, and urinals. Painting various items within the SRFC. Dust and clean hard wood floors. Clean glass and walls of racquetball courts. Clean glass basketball backboards. Gum and trash removal from various sites. Snow & Ice removal. Replacement of lamps.
- Enrolled in at least 6 credit hours at the University of Kansas.
- As evidenced on application material, availability to work early mornings hours and during the following periods: Fall break, Winter break, Spring break and Summer session.
- Must have valid driver's license.
- Past work experience at a recreation or sports complex.
- Past grounds and cleaning work experience.
- Eligible for Federal Work Study.
- CPR Certification.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- Online application
- Resume listing work experience
- Schedule of availability
- Fall and Spring Semester
- Fall, Winter, Spring breaks
- Summer is optional and covered by those who are available to work
- Up to 10 hours weekly
- Early morning work hours
- Afternoon and weekend shifts available