Student Multicultural Recruitment Team - 10717BR
Student Multicultural Recruitment Team
MRT members will assist in the creation and execution of recruitment strategies for prospective multicultural students. Responsibilities of KU Transfer Student Ambassadors include but are not limited to creating a positive visit experience by giving tours of campus, providing residence hall tours, serving on panels, speaking about their Jayhawk experience, hosting lunches, responding to questions posed by campus visitors, and corresponding with prospective students and friends of KU. KU Transfer Student Ambassadors are knowledgeable about aspects of campus including academics, campus involvement, student services, housing, the city of Lawrence, and more. The rate of pay for this position is $9.00/hour with an average of 5-10 hours worked per week. Successful KU Transfer Student Ambassadors may be eligible for pay increases after their initial year of employment. KU Transfer Student Ambassadors are supervised by Ambassador Program Graduate Assistants and the Office of Admissions’ Assistant Director for Student Ambassadors, and collaborate heavily with the Assistant Director of Diversity and Outreach in the Office of Admissions.
- Attend all training sessions and regularly scheduled meetings.
- Give a minimum of 1 tour per week.
- Give a minimum of 15 special tours, including group visits and VIP tours each Fall and Spring semester.
- Arrive for each work shift on time, dressed appropriately (uniform and nametags will be provided), enthusiastic, and ready to interact with visitors.
- Assist with special projects to recruit underrepresented students to KU.
- Enter availability into software and find a trained substitute KU MRT member or Student Ambassador to fill in when they are unable to give an assigned tour.
- 10:00 am, 11:00 am and 2:00 pm Mondays and Fridays.
- 10:00 am and 11:00 am Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- 1:00 pm Friday.
- 11:30 am, 1:30 pm, 3:30 pm and 4:20 pm on most weekdays.
- At various times in conjunction with campus visit programs.
- Group visits are generally between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm.
- Any day at various times.
- KU student enrolled in at least 6 credit hours per semester during the academic year.
- Demonstrate interest and ability to work with diverse populations.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- At least one year of experience as a KU student.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Involvement in campus organizations and/or experience with a variety of campus resources or programs.
- Availability during Summer 2018 to give tours.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Special Application Instructions:
Please submit a resume that contains your Spring 2018 class schedule, your current cumulative GPA, AND your work availability with the online application.
These positions are posted as a pool. Applications will be reviewed as submitted and hiring done on a rolling basis.