Student Office Assistant - 22704BR
Student Office Assistant
5% - Maintain publications on the I2S website. Collect theses, technical reports, conference proceedings, and other publications authored by I2S affiliated staff, faculty, or students and post bibliography information to the I2S website.
5% - Assist with coordinating and organizing meetings, workshops, conferences, symposia, and other presentations for I2S. Assist with hosting visitors to the research center.
5% - Assist with managing office supply inventory, restocking supply room and ordering as necessary.
20% - Assist the I2S Office Manager and the Nichols Facility Manager with general clerical support.
30% - Assist the Nichols Facility Manager: process new students; assist building occupants with shipping and receiving; schedule conference rooms; assist with set-up and clean-up for meetings; assist with moving furniture to prepare student/faculty spaces.
5% - Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must meet KU minimum enrollment requirements for student employment.
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills as evidenced by application materials
- Minimum 1 year experience with InDesign, Photoshop, and other Adobe products.
- Minimum 1 year experience with Microsoft Office suite, specifically Excel, Access, and Word.
- Ability to work professionally with faculty, staff, and students.
- Attention to detail, as evidenced by application materials.
**During the semester term of the appointment, the student hourly must be enrolled in no fewer than 6 credit hours. For summer periods the student hourly must: 1) have been enrolled in no less than 6 hours in the past spring semester or 2) be pre-enrolled in upcoming fall semester in no less than 6 hours or 3) be enrolled in summer session or 4) be admitted to study in the upcoming fall semester. Student Hourlies may be undergraduate or graduate students.
- Publication and Social Media experience: writing news releases, graphic design, experience with taking publication photos, maintaining a company Twitter Account.
- Enrolled in the School of Journalism and Mass Communications, School of Business (emphasis in Marketing), School of Architecture and Design (emphasis on Visual Communication), or related area.
- Available to work 15-20 hours per week.
- Prior office experience.
- Three professional references.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Applications will be reviewed throughout the summer until the position is filled.
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range