Student Recruiter Senior-Outreach - 12298BR
Student Recruiter Senior-Outreach
25% - Continually reviews and analyzes data and results to determine K-12 students/schools, fairs and events to attend/visit in support of the School of Engineering's strategic growth plan. This recruitment strategy will include a timeline for follow up with targeted communities and/or students, parents, etc. through various communications. Develops and administers a comprehensive communications plan utilizing Hobsons or other appropriate CRM software, including long-term and ad hoc communications efforts. Longitudinal and current year data and enrollment management tools will be used to identify, qualify (determine potential to enroll), and target students who will assist the School of Engineering in meeting desired enrollment goals.
30% - In collaboration with the on-campus outreach coordinator, assists with on-campus recruitment programs and events, and visits for prospective engineering students.
10% - Consults with the Assistant Dean regarding recruitment strategies on topics including, but not limited to, programs, recruitment strategies, publications and presentations. Assumes other responsibilities as assigned by the Assistant Dean.
2. Minimum of 3 months presentation experience as evidenced by coursework, extra curricular activities, or professional presentations
3. Valid driver's license at the time of appointment
4. Strong written communication skills as evidenced by application materials
5. Strong oral communication skills, as evidenced in interview
Position Requirements: Candidate selected for this position must be able with or without accommodation, to travel by automobile or plane to any city or region assigned.
2. Ability to effectively work with diverse student populations, including low-income, first generation, geographic regions, ethnic groups, elementary school, middle school, high school and non-traditional students
3. Experience in public relations activities or work in university admissions
4. Experience in event planning
5. Knowledge of engineering
6. Experience as a University of Kansas student
Additional Candidate Instructions
Candidates receiving an interview will be required to give a 10-15 minute persuasive presentation to a simulated audience of prospective students.
Review of applications begins July 14 and will continue until a qualified applicant pool has been identified or the position has been filled.