Student- Veteran Liaison- (VA Work Study Eligible Only) - 19012BR
Student- Veteran Liaison- (VA Work Study Eligible Only)
This is a courtesy posting for the Military-Affiliated Student Center. This position will be funded through the Department of Veteran Affairs.
Please visit VA’s Work Study page to determine eligibility for this position.
- Assisting prospective, new and current students and parents via phone, email and/or in person with general inquiries about using VA/veteran benefits, attending KU, transitioning from the military world to campus life, etc.
- Providing support and consultation for veterans’ related issues on campus (e.g. transition assistance, connecting students to relevant KU/VA resources, KU SVA support, etc.)
- Assisting with maintaining regulatory, information security and confidentiality compliance in accordance with federal, state and university guidelines
- Assisting with maintaining and organizing military-affiliated student-related files (e.g. GI Bill, VA benefits, etc.)
- Assisting with the development and dissemination of accurate and current Veterans Affairs/student veteran information to relevant constituencies (e.g. flyers, web content, emails)
- Assisting and conducting targeted outreach to military-affiliated students with relevant campus/community efforts and events
- Maintaining most current information and updates by attending required and necessary trainings to support the aforementioned duties.
Reg/Temp: Temporary (Summer, Fall and/or Spring semesters – must reapply each semester)
Hours: Flexible, 5-20 hours/week.
- KU student, ¾ time or greater, in good standing.
- VA Work Study eligible. To determine eligibility, visit the VA’s Work Study page.
- Must be using VA benefits (GI Bill®) for the semester in which you want to work.
- Experience working with PCs and Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Experience working independently and efficiently.
- Prior experience in an office/customer service setting.
- Ability to work with a wide range of students, prospective students, faculty, and staff.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Additional Candidate Instructions
This is a courtesy posting for the Military-Affiliated Student Center. This position will be funded through the Department of Veteran Affairs. Please visit VA’s Work Study page to determine eligibility for this position.
Complete an online application for each semester you wish to work (and indicate which semester you are applying for in cover letter). Please include a cover letter and resume, along with course schedule if you have it (schedule can also be turned in at a later date). You must qualify for VA Work Study to apply for this position. Your VA benefits must be certified for the upcoming semester before you can start Work Study, so make sure to complete VA benefits paperwork ASAP.
In addition to an online application, resume, and cover letter, all applicants will need to download the VA Form located at VA's Work Study Page and upload completed form as an attachment to the online application.
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
5-20 hour per week