Technical Support Technician (Tier I) - 21862BR
Technical Support Technician (Tier I)
KU is not able to provide H-1B sponsorship for this position.
The Technical Support Technician (Tier I) position is assigned to a KU IT Technology Support Center (TSC) and is responsible for providing technical support to the users associated with that TSC while working under direct supervision, following standard procedures and documentation to accomplish assigned tasks. This position serves as the first point of contact for troubleshooting hardware/software, PC/Mac/Linux workstation support, AV equipment, and / or printer problems. The position is responsible for following standard procedures (where present) and written instructions (when provided) to accomplish assigned tasks. The position assists users via telephone, email, chat and in person with a wide range of questions, problems, and requests related to desktop software, hardware, peripherals, applications, and basic network issues.
- Support of computer equipment utilized by campus stakeholders in classrooms, labs, offices, and meeting areas
- As required, general support of AV systems utilized by the TSC in a mix of classrooms, labs, offices, and meeting areas
- Creating/updating trouble tickets as indicated by the workflow.
- Identification as to whether the technical issues encountered can be quickly resolved or need escalation to higher-level technical support staff.
- Support, install and upgrade new and existing computer equipment including imaging.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues for labs, faculty, staff, students, etc.
- Tests to isolate the source of issues.
- Preparation of classrooms and meeting spaces prior to use to ensure requested technology is available and working when requested.
- Confirming customer understanding of the solution and provide additional customer education as needed.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate inventory information for both hardware and software products. Create and update procedures and knowledgebase articles.
- Provide quotes for new equipment procurement.
- Maintain accurate inventory information for both hardware and software products.
- Support, install and upgrade equipment, including imaging of new computers.
- Create and document trouble tickets as required by the workflow.
- Create and update TSC procedures and knowledgebase articles.
- Develop broad and in-depth knowledge of software and hardware that are unique to the support area.
10% - Confirm customer understanding of the solution and provide additional customer education as needed.
- This position shares in responsibility for information security by following all applicable security policies and procedures.
- This position is authorized to handle sensitive or confidential data in accordance with established procedures in the performance of job duties.
- This position is authorized to use elevated privilege accounts in the performance of job duties.
- High School Diploma/ GED and two years of relevant experience.
- Excellent communication skills as evidenced by application materials and interview.
- Experience supporting Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
- Experience providing general audio-visual systems support.
- Associate degree, technical college certificate, or higher degree in a technology-related field.
- Experience providing technical support in an academic environment to a diverse campus population.
- Experience with imaging software.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory.
- Experience with Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM, now known as MECM).
- Experience with enterprise-level Apple product management software (JAMF).
- Experience with a ticketing system such as ServiceNow or Remedy.
- Experience creating technical documentation.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met
3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Application review will begin Monday, April 25th,2022 and will remain open until a qualified pool of candidates has been identified.