Temporary Academic Advisor - 11414BR
Temporary Academic Advisor
*This position is temporary, and supervised by the Director of Undergraduate Academic Services. Applicants must be available 5-10 hours a week, from 12:00pm-5:00pm. This position will receive paid training prior to the start of New Student Orientation (two week period in late May/early June, specific dates to come), and is expected to be available on specific days between June 13 – July 28. Availability from August 15-17 is also preferred.
- Provide academic advising for new freshmen, transfer, and readmitted students during New Student Orientation.
- Advise students on the development and selection of course schedules consistent with students' educational goals.
- Work collaboratively with departmental faculty to insure accurate advising appropriate to students’ chosen major.
- Work collaboratively with Peer Advisors to insure students enroll appropriately.
- Provide outreach to students as needed in addition to providing appropriate follow-up and referral to University offices and resources.
2. Minimum one year relevant experience such as academic advising, or career counseling.
2. Demonstrated experience with relevant computerized student information and communication systems.
3. Demonstrated strong verbal communication and organizational skills.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Review of applications begins April 20, 2018. Positions will be filled as needed from this pool until all needed positions are filled.