Temporary IT Support Technician - 22821BR
Temporary IT Support Technician
- Provide basic technical support via phone, email, chat, or in person.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
- Maintain accurate hardware inventory.
- Create and update support tickets in ticket management system.
- Install, upgrade, image, and configure computer hardware and software.
- Provide support to campus support staff when requested.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Able to work a minimum of 12 hours per week.
- Valid current driver's license.
- Able to work over academic, holiday, and summer breaks.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- High school diploma/GED and 6 months of relevant experience. (Experience can be via work history and/or class work or projects.)
- Excellent communication skills as evidenced by application materials.
- Experience using or managing Windows, Mac and/or Linux operating systems.
- Experience working in a customer service centric environment.
- Previous professional experience supporting/troubleshooting computer hardware and software.
- Experience using or managing Dell computer hardware.
- Experience using or managing multi-function devices (print/fax/scan devices.)
- Experience using a ticketing system (ServiceNow, Remedy, etc.)
- Experience using a configuration management solution (Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager.)
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN principles and protocols.
- Experience creating technical documentation.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met
- 3 Professional References
- Application review will begin Friday, August 5th and will remain open until a qualified pool has been identified.